Belk to Offer Free Mammograms Across the Great State of TennesseePosted by lifeandstylepr on May 1, 2013 in Blog | 0 comments
BelkGives on the Go Mobile Mammography Center Taking Appoints Now
The BelkGives on the Go Mobile Mammography Center, a 39-foot-long, state-of-the-art screening center on wheels, is now touring the great state of Tennessee to offer free, convenient mammogram screenings. Women age 40 and over with no breast concerns, who have not had a mammogram in the last 12 months and who have a primary care physician are eligible by calling 855-655-BMMC (2662) to schedule an appointment. The van hours are 9:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. in each city, by appointment. The dates and locations are:
- Tue. & Wed, May 14-15, Belk Greeneville Commons, 1367 Tusculum Blvd., Greeneville
- Fri. & Sat., May 17-18, Belk College Square Mall, 2550 E. Morris Blvd., Morristown
- Tue., May 21, Belk Jackson Plaza, 377 West Jackson Dr., Cookeville
- Thur., May 23, Belk Providence Market Place, 401 South Mount Juliet Rd., Mount Juliet
- Sat., May 25, Belk Village Green Commons, 555 Village Green Dr., Gallatin
- Tue., July 23, Belk The Avenue, 2615 Medical Center Pkwy #1600, Murfreesboro
- Fri. July 26, Belk, Shoppes of Columbia, 2101 Brookmeade Dr., Columbia
- Tue. & Wed., Aug 6-7, Belk Centre Stage, 2106 Memorial Blvd #1, Springfield
- Fri. & Sat., Aug. 9-10, Belk Governor’s Square, Wilma Rudolph Blvd., Clarksville
- Tue. & Wed., Aug. 20-21, Belk CoolSprings Galleria, Franklin
- Fri. & Sat., Aug. 23-24, Belk Old Hickory Mall, 2021 N Highland Ave Jackson
All screening exams are performed by Charlotte Radiology’s licensed, female mammography-certified technologists. A board-certified radiologist, specialized in breast imaging will interpret the mammogram. Confidential results will be sent to the patient and her primary care physician.
Belk, the nation’s largest privately operated department store, launched BelkGives on the Go Mobile Mammography in partnership with Charlotte Radiology. This mobile mammography center will bring convenient, digital screening and awareness to all Belk markets with the journey beginning in 113 stores throughout North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee through January 2014.
“Having the BelkGives on the Go Mobile Mammography Center travel to the cities where our associates and customers live and work underscores what we’ve being saying for a long time – awareness and early detection saves lives,” said Jessica Graham, Belk’s vice president of communications and community relations. “We’re excited to take Belk’s fight against breast cancer on the road.”
Belk’s $6 million investment in this program marks the retailer’s deep commitment to women’s health issues and breast cancer education and is the company’s single largest charitable contribution to date. Belk is the only retailer of its kind to form a partnership alongside community and health organizations by extending breast cancer screening and increasing breast cancer awareness through its own operation.
For more information, call 855-655-BMMC (2662) or go to www.belk.com/pink.